Modified on: Fri, 5 Jun, 2020 at 7:15 AM
This guide walks you through the steps for entering a survey response for a respondent that is already in the
system. A respondent might have been uploaded with a list of respondents or entered individually at an earlier
date. Complete the steps below when you are ready to begin entering survey data.
- Place your cursor over the Evaluation link.
- Place your cursor over the Responses link.
- Click the Manage Responses link.
A list of evaluations will display. By clicking on an evaluation link, you will see all data collection tools in the selected evaluation.
- Click the Evaluation Title link.
- Click the Pencil icon of the data collection tool.
If the data collection tool is offered in more than one language, a dialogue box will appear asking you to
select the language in which the data collection tool was completed.
Click the Select button for the language.
The Add Response dialogue box appears.
- Under Specify Response Type, select Regular radio button.
- Search for the Alternate ID or First & Last Name that corresponds to the respondent. You can enter the Alternate ID (or name) into the search box, or look through the list on the page.
- To the right of the respondent you want to use, click the checkmark icon to select the respondent.
The Add Response dialogue box displays.
- Click the Calendar icon.
- Select the Pick Date icon to select the data collection date.
- Click the Confirm & Proceed button.
A new window will open. Please make sure to enable Pop-Ups from the SMDS2 site.
Fill out the responses for the data collection tool.
- Enter response to the survey.
There are 3 actions that can be conducted. Save & Exit will save the data you entered, but it's not recorded
until you submit the response. Click Submit Response to officially record the response. Delete Response
will remove the last response you entered.
- Click the Submit Response button.
Don’t worry if you discover you made a mistake in data entry. You can revise your response even if it is marked
complete by clicking the pencil icon.
Please note that if or when you view the list of survey responses, the status column will indicate whether the
survey is complete or incomplete. Even if the survey is completed, you can click the pencil icon to alter the
After entering a response into an active evaluation, the evaluation cannot be returned to Draft status.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback